Sunday, April 22, 2012

Latest status of the Waterfront work...

I finally got my permit for water front improvements from the DMR in late March, and thought my contractor for that would begin in early April.  When I met him at the site to stake out the work, he let me know he screwed up on his timing, and couldn't start until early/mid May.  Oh well...

He also thought I should request more dredging, ( wider and deeper), to get more room to float my boat, so to speak.  His experience is that the dredged areas will fill in over time, so better go for more now to extend the life of the work.

So, I have filed a request for a revision to my permit with DMR, which means that they have to get the Secretary of State's office to agree again to the plans.  Ugh!  At least I'm waiting for the contractor anyways.

I will be really happy when I can show pictures of something actually happening at the water front.  Until then it's a game of paper work, bureaucracy and waiting.

1 comment:

  1. Two steps forward and one step back. But it is at least progress. Thanks for sharing the news and the pictures. It is still very exciting!

    ReplyDelete